Now that you have completed the Questionnaire, you may be feeling somewhat overwhelmed. You have considered many questions involving much soul-searching and effort. It is also common to feel:
•there is so much you need to change, you don’t know where to start
•guilty that you haven’t taken better care of yourself
• motivated and want to do something
•there are so many other responsibilities in your life that it is easy to forget to take care of yourself
The purpose of the Action Plan is to take the energy from these feelings and reactions and put them into action. Don’t stop at awareness – keep the momentum going. The Action Plan is a commitment to yourself in which you clearly state what you want to change and what you are going to do to change it. Make sure you choose something you really want to change so that you are ready, willing and able to do it.
Pick one category and choose a goal. The goal may be for a month, six months or a year depending on your commitment to the time and energy needed to make the change. Remember, it is important to relax and realize that change comes in small increments.
You may need additional help or information to accomplish your goal. Reading material, classes and role models are sources worth checking out.
A last suggestion is to make copies of you Plan and post them at home and/or at work as a reminder of your commitment.
Obstacles and Setbacks
Often, you find various excuses to prevent yourself from doing something important – not enough time or energy, lack of support at home, not knowing how, etc. Figure out ways to get around these potential obstacles. Also, expect some setbacks while you are making changes. But don’t let them throw you off track. Keep going until you get what you want.
Components of a Successful Plan
1. Commitment – a clear, concise plan to define your willingness to change.
2. Support – understanding and encouragement of family and friends.
3. Skills – information and techniques acquired with the help of books, classes, and role models.
4. Progress – How will you know you are improving? How will you know when the change has been made? Remember, slow, steady progress is best.
5. Rewards – recognition of effort and commitment; important to help motivate you to realize your goals.
MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE A PLAN YOU CAN START RIGHT NOW !!!
AbundanceCompany.com by Bob Czimbal